Friday, March 11, 2016

Bible Journaling - Part One

I was hoping to post something last week but among my usual work and house routine, I added the chore of getting our taxes ready. I think it took two days to get everything done. So needless to say, some things got put on the back burner.

This week I decided to keep it simple and post some of my latest Bible journaling. (If you missed my last post you can click HERE to see my other pages.) 



The Preacher is preaching a series of sermons on "I Am" where Jesus calls himself the I Am in 8 different passages in John. John 8:58


This is from one of the Preacher's sermons where Jesus says "I Am the Light". I loved the image of Jesus kneeling before the "woman caught in adultery". I found the image through Google images and tried to trace it but it didn't work out very well, so I had to fill in the places I couldn't see through my phone's light box app. John 8:1-30


This is from a sermon the Preacher did some time ago. This saying is a quote from the Preacher from that sermon. Again,some tracing done here. Luke 19:31-34
I found a version of this on Pinterest and decided I needed to include it in my Bible.Psalm 52:8 I didn't 'cheat' on this, I free-hand drew the tree.


This is a picture of my mother-in-law, Joan Smith. While going through some old photos, I found this picture of her petting a cow. Her dad had livestock on his farm, but I'm not sure if this was their cow or if she just stopped along a road just to pet this cow. I could see her doing just that.
I knew I wanted to use it in my Bible and knew exactly what verse to put it with. Psalm 50:16. I printed it on Avery's Clear Full Sheet Label, cut it to size and adhered it to the page after painting the page with acrylic paint.


I hope you have enjoyed looking at my pages. If you are interested in praising our Lord through this art form, you can find many more examples and how to's by looking at YouTube videos and checking on Pinterest.

Hopefully I will be able to post Part Two of this post next week. I'd like to comment about some of the negativity some have gotten over doing this art form in their Bibles.

So until next time...
...love from the Preacher and I


No comments:

Post a Comment

one last blanket

  This little baby blanket has a story behind it. My mother is in a nursing home due to a severe stroke that weakened her legs and her hands...